DeSoto Parish Chamber of Commerce
The DeSoto Parish Chamber is a non-profit organization that operates on membership investments and dollars generated from business-related programs. The Chamber represents over 200 businesses and individuals interested in improving our community.
- Works closely with various economic development groups throughout the parish to promote economic development;
- Provides demographic and economic resource information to those looking to expand or open new business;
- Works with city, parish, state and other officials to create a business-friendly environment;
- Responds to requests from visitors and those considering a move;
- Provides public relation volunteers to welcome new business with ribbon cuttings and other business celebrations;
- Maintains a website and directories of local businesses, clubs, organizations, manufacturers, churches, media and VIPs;
- Maintains current distribution of local maps and telephone directories; and
- Encourages everyone to choose DeSoto Parish
Why Join the Chamber?
- You are a citizen doing business in this parish and sharing in its prosperity. The obligations of business citizenship challenge every person and institution to subscribe actively to the advancement of the community.
- You prosper as our parish prospers. By helping to build a thriving community, your investment is strengthened and your opportunities are broadened. You have a personal interest in these objectives.
- The support of all business and professional people is critical to economic improvement and the civic and business development demanded by our modern standards of living.
- These goals can be reached only by united effort through an organization equipped to study and conduct a sound program of community progress.
To promote and advance the civic, commercial, industrial, agricultural and professional interests of the Parish of DeSoto, State of Louisiana, and to promote the general welfare and prosperity for the Parish of DeSoto.